This post may contain affiliate links where we earn from qualifying purchases. As an amazon associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Find out more in our disclosure.
Have you ever taken the Love Languages Test? I’ve done it a few times, with mixed results, mostly because my real love language isn’t on there. Adventure is my love language.
If you know our back story, you probably wouldn’t be surprised. I met my husband on a chiarlift while we were both skiing. We went spelunking on our first date, witch is a great outdoor date idea. He proposed to me on the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. And since then, adventure has been a huge part of our relationship, and one of the best ways for the two of us to feel connected. That’s why we spend lots of family time outside, and its a great way to spend a date night!
While most of our site is focused on adventures for families, I know that strong families come from strong relationships. I love my kids, I really do, but I also love my time away from them. Time to just be me and to connect with my partner. Time to talk, be still, and have no one yelling “MOM” or smearing my pants with dirty fingers. Time to spend some quality time, just you- with fun, these outdoor date ideas.
Yes, we need time for ADVENTURE in our relationship!
Back before we had kids, we could pick up with a
You see, while we’re huge advocates of taking kids with you on adventures, but every now and then its okay to leave them behind chasinga fun date idea! What better way to get your adventure fix AND strengthen your relationship at the same time as trying something new on an outdoor adventure date night with your partner using one of these outdoor date ideas.
Sometimes we do super adventurous things, while other times we just grab our bikes and ride around town, go fishing, or find a great lookout and have a picnic, witch are some other super fun outdoor date ideas. Being out in nature and together works wonders for our relationship and our individual mental health. It’s a great way to connect and spend time together while enjoyng the great outdoors!
So, if you’re like us and love outdoor dates, but need some inspiration, here are over 75 fun outdoor date ideas to get you started!
Best outdoor date ideas for adventure loving couples
Year-Round Outdoor Dates
- Go for a hike
- Find an overlook and set up a romantic picnic
- Fly a kite together
- Go stargazing (details here)
- Go rock climbing
- Try Paintballing together
Walk througha park holding hands and then enjoy a glass of your favorite drink while you soak up the sunshine on the grass
- Make marshmallow guns and have a fight (this is a fun activity for a double date)
- Go on a photo scavenger hunt
- Have a bonfire and make some gourmet s
- Go for a bike ride – renting a tandem bike is always a blast
- Feed birds at the park
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Go on a leaf collecting walk
- Do a zipline or giant ropes course together
- Go for a full moon hike (details here)
- Go geocaching (a great way to discover hidden gems close to home)
- Watch the sunrise and have a picnic breakfast
- Find some trees that are close together and test your balance on a Slackline.
- Have a nerf gun fight together. Winner picks what treat you go out for after!
- Play tag (or better yet, tackle football)
- Visit a nature center
- Go to an outdoor concert
- Set up an obstacle course and complete it together
- Grab scooters and cruise around town
- Attend an outdoor class from a local naturalist
- Go bird watching
- Climb a mountain and dance, dance, dance on top
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Create your own version of The Amazing Race and invite other couples to compete against you
- Go trail running together
- Collect shells at the beach
- Sign up for and complete a race together
- Have a moonlit picnic (with a
couplecandles for extra romance)
- Pack it up for the night and head for a campout.
- Ride in a hot-air balloon
- Go to a Boot Camp fitness class together
- GO to an outdoor concert together
- Get frisbees and play disc golf together
- Wander through a botanic garden
- Watch a movie outside and cuddle under a blanket
- Go ice blocking down a grassy hill
- Check out the ocean tide pools
- Soak in a hot spring
- Join a local walking tour
- Go rollerblading together
- Sit on the grass and talk about your goals and dreams
- Cook a meal over a fire (foil dinners, dutch oven, etc)
- Set up a double hammock and snuggle
Winter Outdoor Date Ideas
- Go tubing down a hill
- Go skiing – cross country skiing is great for conversation
- Head into the forest and chop down your own Christmas Tree
- Go snowshoeing
- Visit an Ice Castle
- Book a backcountry yurt and ski or snowshoe into it for the weekend
- Stroll around the
neighborhooeat night and rate which houses have the best holiday lights
- Go sledding
- Go for a full moon walk
- Go to an overlook and drink cocoa
- Have a snowball fight
- Build a snow cave, and maybe even sleep in it
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveways together
- Build snowmen that look like each other
- Ice skating while holding hands
Summer Outdoor Date Ideas
- Pick berries at a local farm, or better yet, in the mountains
- Go to the beach and build a giant
- Have a rock skipping competition
- Have a
picnincin a meadow of wildflowers
- Go snorkeling together
- Go tandem kayaking
- Make a giant slip-n-slide
- Find a new swimming hole (bonus if it has a rope swing)
- Plant flowers for a neighbor together
- Tube down a river
- Go canoeing out on the lake
- Have a water balloon fight
- Go rock climbing
- Build mini boats out of anything you can find and race them down a creek
- Go fishing
17 thoughts on “75+ Fun Outdoor Date Ideas For Adventurous Couples”
Great list. Some were new to me. I would love to do some of these with the kiddos too!
The actual tote marries simple capacity and also operation. First of all, this travelling bag louis vuitton handbags is constructed out of endurable Monogrammed Denim canvas plus not-so-easy-to-stain louis vuitton handbags minuscule fibers liner.
I’ll right away seize your rss as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly permit me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.
I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This post posted at this web site is truly fastidious.|
miumiu サンダル グッチ 激安 http://zhaochuae.nikeonimportjp.org/
I believe what you said made a great deal of sense.
However, think on this, what if you typed a catchier title?
I ain’t saying your content is not solid, but what
if you added something that makes people want more? I mean
50 Outdoor Date Ideas to Keep the Adventure Going Strong | Bring The Kids is kinda plain.
You might look at Yahoo’s front page and note how they create
news headlines to grab people to open the links.
You might add a related video or a related picture or two to
grab readers interested about everything’ve got to say. In my
opinion, it could bring your posts a little bit more interesting.
Quality posts is the crucial to interest the users to pay a visit the
website, that’s what this web page is providing.
I like the idea of going camping in the summer. The whole family will enjoy the cool air, outdoor comfort. Before a camping trip, we usually prepare very much: sleeping bags, food, drinks … then organize fishing, hiking
I savour, cause I found exactly what I used to
be looking for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God
Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye