When most people think of snowy day activities for kids, they think about what to do inside. Here at Bring The Kids, we’re all about getting kids (and parents) outside and enjoying nature, so snow days are no exception. It just happens to be an added bonus that while those kids are outside with you, your house isn’t getting dirty (or dirtier) and your kids are burning off lots of energy so they can be more mellow inside! Here are some of our favorites (and also some from our blogging friends):
1. Take an icicle walk. This is a great way to get out and explore without getting snowy and wet (if you’re careful).
4. Build a snowman (isn’t our snowman making kit the cutest thing EVER!)
5. Snowball target practice. Make a pile of snowballs and try and throw them all into a bucket (easily adaptable for young and old)
6. Make a snow maze by stomping out paths throughout the yard.
7. Play snow maze TAG. Yep, play tag, but the rule is that you have to stay on one of the “maze” paths.
9. Build a giant snow hill.
10. Shovel peoples sidewalks. Tell your kids you’re on a secret mission and you have to shovel all the neighbors walks without them knowing! They’ll have tons of fun on their secret mission and also learn how to serve.
11. Go sledding.
12. Create some ice art.
18. Have a little snack by eating snow and/or icicles.
19. Bust out your sand toys and make a “snow castle” (idea here)
and our favorite…
PHEW! Now there’s no real excuse to stay inside this winter. Well that is, except to warm up with this AMAZING hot chocolate!
As always, make sure to keep your kids warm out there. If you want to know how cold is too cold for kids to be outside, check this out.