This post in our Marriage series is more about building memories and bringing back a flood of memories.
Photo from House of 3
Sometimes, you have a song that’s so packed with memories and emotion, that you love hearing it over and over again because it brings that flood of memories. So in honor of great memories and striving for all that is good in our lives together, here is a list of some of our favorite marriage building songs. We prefer happy, upbeat music to a long slow ballad. Many of these are songs that can be a theme song for one of our many adventures or just a good reminder to the great life that we’ve had. These 10 songs and so many others inspire and remind us of what our marriage can and should be.
- “Better When We’re Together” Jack Johnson
- “Stuck Like Glue” Sugarland
- “For You I Will” Teddy Geiger
- “Thirteen” Carry Judd
- “A Thousand Miles” Vanessa Carlton
- “I’ll Stand by You” Carrie Underwood
- “I don’t want to miss a thing” Aerosmith
- “Lucky” Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
- “Could not ask for more” Edwin McCain
- “My Best Friend” Tim McGraw
Sure, there are probably many other songs that we missed that easily could have made this list. We left cheezy and sappy off of the list. We’re not big country fans, and there are lots of great songs out there. So let us know your thoughts and any suggestions you might have or songs that inspire you in your marriage.